Mentored Linux Training
Employers are looking for open source talent
The 2017 Report Half Technology Salary Guide found that the average salary for a System Administrator ranges from $67,500 to $107,500, with executive IT Manager positions paying as much as $159,000. Yet, due to the rapid rise in Linux and Open Source adoption, hiring managers are having difficulty filling these positions.
This is where you come in.
Accelerator for Pursuing Your Dream Career
Learn to perform system administration tasks on real Linux servers.
Work one-on-one with a mentor who understands your goals.
One year of post-training support for on-the-job Linux questions.
L-010-150LPI Linux Essentials
The purpose of the Linux Essentials program is to define the basic knowledge required to competently use a desktop or mobile device running a Linux operating system. The program will guide and encourage individuals who are new to Linux toward understanding the place of Linux and Open Source in the context of the broader IT industry. Students will also be educated on pursuing a career in Linux and Open Source.
This course will teach students essential Linux skills, including navigating the filesystem, command line basics, introductory shell scripting and security & file permissions.
Students who complete the course and pass the written exam will receive the Linux Professional Institute's Linux Essentials certification.
- Price: $950
- Objectives: Linux Essentials v1.5 (exam code 010-150)
- Certification: LPI Linux Essentials
What will you learn ?
The following topics are covered in FOSSter's Linux Essentials mentored Linux training program. This course is aligned with version 1.5 of the LPI Linux Essentials exam objectives.
- Objectives: Linux Essentials
- Topic 1: The Linux Community and a Career in Open Source
- Topic 2: Finding Your Way on a Linux System
- Topic 3: The Power of the Command Line
- Topic 4: The Linux Operating System
- Topic 5: Security and File Permissions
As an open source developer, basic Linux system administration has always been a secondary skill for me. FOSSter's Linux Essentials course taught me the fundamentals I needed to feel more comfortable on the command line, allowing me to better support my clients.
L-100-400LPIC-1 / Linux+
LPIC-1 is the first certification in LPI’s multi-level Linux professional certification program. This course will validate the student's ability to perform maintenance tasks on the command line, install and configure a computer running Linux and configure basic networking.
This course will prepare students for the LPI LPIC-1 and the CompTIA Linux+ certification. The Linux+ exams offered by CompTIA are identical to LPI's LPIC-1 exams (the exam objectives are identical and the questions on the exams are exactly the same). The CompTIA exam codes LX0-103 and LX0-104 correspond directly to the LPI 101 and LPI 102, respectively.
Students who complete the course and pass the written exams can receive two certifications: Linux Professional Institute LPIC-1 and CompTIA Linux+.
- Price: $2,250
- Objectives: LPIC-1 v4.0 (exam codes: LPI 101-400 & 102-400 / CompTIA LX0-103 & LX0-104)
- Certifications: LPI LPIC-1, CompTIA Linux+
What will you learn ?
The following topics are covered in FOSSter's LPIC-1 / Linux+ mentored Linux training program. This course is aligned with version 4.0 of the LPI LPIC-1 exam objectives.
- Objectives: Exam 101
- Topic 101: System Architecture
- Topic 102: Linux Installation and Package Management
- Topic 103: GNU and Unix Commands
- Topic 104: Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
- Objectives: Exam 102
- Topic 105: Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- Topic 106: User Interfaces and Desktops
- Topic 107: Administrative Tasks
- Topic 108: Essential System Services
- Topic 109: Networking Fundamentals
- Topic 110: Security
FOSSter's LPIC-1 training course has had a noticeable impact on our server team. The training filled in many skills gaps I didn't know existed, and our staff are now more adept at troubleshooting and resolving day-to-day server problems.
I’m ready to get started.Register